• Українська
  • Русский
  • English
Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty
Henry M. Robert

Stanislav Kulchytsky

Twitter Username: 

Статті автора

24.11.2011 - 00:00
Historiography plays the key role in comprehending the Holodomor. If the former manages to answer the Holodomor-related crucial questions on the basis of undoubtedly authentic sources, politicians will choose another field for the debates that will help them remain in the public spotlight. But...
09.11.2010 - 00:00
My successor at the post of director of the Institute of History of Ukraine, professor Hennadii Boriak (I am tired of explaining to journalists that I do not hold the post since last year) asked me to write an article on the industrial revolution for the encyclopedia. At the same time professor...
01.06.2010 - 00:00
(Continued from The Day No. 28) Christian Rakovsky was the first to speak during the debate. Owing to the diplomatic talent he demonstrated as chairman of the Council of People’s Commissars (Radnarkom) of the Ukrainian SSR, his old friendship with Leon Trotsky, and the confidence Lenin...
20.05.2010 - 00:00
(Continued from The Day, #26, April 29, 2010) Lev Kamenev, while presiding over the commission tasked with looking into recommendations concerning “permanent and temporary forms of union between the RSFSR and other Soviet republics,” believed that the very existence of an...
11.02.2010 - 00:00
Continued from previous issue In 1934 the Ukrainian capital was transferred from Kharkiv to the national center, Kyiv. At the same time they combated Petliurite Ukrainization in every way, including the use of inhuman means. The Soviet government was perfectly content to have ethnic Ukrainians (...
04.02.2010 - 00:00
Continued from previous issue There is yet another reason against comparing the Holodomor with the Holocaust. Making any comparison is linked to identification. By comparing the Holodomor with the Holocaust, we tend to identify it with the broader notion of an ethnic purge. But then we must...
02.02.2010 - 00:00
I have met with a number of foreign scholars this year who specialize in Ukraine's Holodomor. We debated the issue, and the standpoint of those who refused to accept the definition of the Holodomor as an act of genocide became clearer to me. Therefore, I built my presentation during the latest...
24.11.2009 - 00:00
Continued from previous issue Churchill realized that Soviet troops would be the first to enter Poland after the Third Reich’s defeat, so he proposed to timely untangle all knots of the Polish issue. During an informal meeting with Stalin on November 29, he stressed that Poland meant a great deal...
17.11.2009 - 00:00
Continued from previous issue CHURCHILL’S SOLOMON-LIKE DECISION, 1941-42 CURZON LINE The Polish government in London insisted on the revival of the second Rzeczpospolita and thus adopted an uncompromising stand with regard to the eastern border. Great Britain and the United States maintained a...
27.10.2009 - 00:00
Continued from issue nr. 28 This editorial used data provided borrowed from NKVD memorandums. Among other things it was stated that Poles constituted only 60 percent of the population, with the remaining 40 percent being made up of ethnic minorities. This data was the result of painstaking work...

Pages